Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I knew it!

Nastia's new floor ex music is...CARMEN!

The Leak

If it's anything like Sasha Cohen's 2002 short program, it'll be stunning.



Interestingly, Nastia originally had Ivana's music, which was Sasha Cohen 2002 short program music. Which is all the more interesting because I have always seen tremendous similarities between Sasha and Nastia. I see them as similar because in the spiral sequences Sasha was one of the only skaters I've ever seen to come to a complete 180 split in her legs, and she exceeds that in her split leaps. I feel like Sasha forever changed the sport in that this became the expectation, similar to how Nastia's handstands became the expectation. They are also both so technically good but prone to small mistakes here and there, that that is why I never expected Nastia to win the Olympic all-around gold. They are also both of Russian heritage, and they both have a mastery in technique, which leads to gorgeous artistry.
Photobucket


<3 Can't wait!

No comments: