Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do we ever see good Yurchenko 1.5's?

I don't think we see many nice one and a half Yurchenkos, and I'm not sure that they are easy to do well. I mean, duh, on the one hand, but on the other hand, I've seen more stuck double Yurchenkos than 1.5's. So here are a few that I think are terrific.
Also, I think you could argue that these are even better than Nastia's "perfect" vaults at the Olympics, to which Steve & Elfi flipped out over. To me, she almost look underrotated, and she doesn't ge the same "pop" off the horse as these do.

Dominique Moceanu, 1996 Olympics, AA, Vault 2


Kerri Strug, 1996 Olympic Trials, Vault 2

2 comments:

BMc said...

nastia's 1.5Y vault was awesome cause she's so tall. her lines made that vault beautiful

Mez said...

Daria Joura, 2006 Pacific Alliance Championships team event. Stuck it!