Thursday, July 9, 2009

PRK -- Pt. 2

So, that ended up being the Kim Gwang Suk post. Here are the rest of the North Koreans.

I really enjoy a mystery, something/someone mysterious, an anomaly, whatever. And I suppose that's what the North Koreans are. Who understand them? How do they train? I mean, the Romanians and the Americans are interesting enough to learn about, but hey, at least we GET interviews with them.

Here is a cutie, Kang Yun Mi at the 2003 Worlds vault finals. Nice lay out in the second vault.



Pyon Kwang Sun -- 2006 Asian Games
I don't know who this girl is, but I somehow came across her. Her uneven bars is a heck of a lot better than her vault, but I love her smile. That's so unexpected! Especially from a North Korean, and after falling.


She came in 4th at the 2003 Worlds on uneven bars:


More impressive ont he vault is 2007 silver medalist Hong Su Jong, not to be confused with her sis, Hong Un Jong. Su performs a pretty darn good Cheng vault here, and vault #1 is a well-landed Amanar.

I wonder what happened to Su in the 2008 Games, but Un was there and obviously, she won the title.
Photobucket
And, I have to say, I love Cheng Fei, but I'm kind of glad that she fell and someone else got to take home the gold medal. And not that I'm pro-Korea, but hey, if it means a better life for Un, then that's terrific.

1 comment:

ugly leotards said...

I just feel so bad for Cheng at the Olympics. She had such a rough time. Apparently she cried for days after EF ended. I've seen interviews with her from several months after the games when she still couldn't speak for tears.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see someone else win it, but I hope she can hang in there and have a better 2012, if she continues to try for it.