Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random thoughts on New Year's Eve

1. I miss John Tesh
2. I really disliked the Phelps vault -- why did they not amend the rules any, when every gymnast had a different way of doing it, none of which were correct?
3. Roza Galieva is queen of the gymnasts with sassy walks & neat salutes
4. I wonder how Atler would have fared playing the "Sacramone role" (i.e. no bars)
5. Jamie Dantzscher really had one of the nicest triple fulls and double fronts I've ever seen.
6. The 2000 Olympics really were disappointing...so much exciting talent and yet the Romanians racked up the medals.
7. I really would have given Cheng Fei the bronze over Patricia Moreno at the 2004 Olympics on FX EF.
8. I'd be really curious to interview Elise Ray, Kriten Maloney & Jamie Dantzscher about their experience in Sydney -- I don't think it was good for anyone.
9. How did Emilie LePennec win the UB title in Athens? I mean, she had a Def, but seriously? What else?
10. Can't wait to see more from everyone this year, but most especially Bross, Hong & Shapiro!

Happy New Year!

No comments: